Office Manager Job Purpose: Supports company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; design and implement office policies; prepare payroll; control correspondence; design filing systems; review and approve supply requisitions; assign and monitor clerical functions.
- Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarize information; identify trends.
- Maintain office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of office administration.
- Knowledge of human resource management and supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective verbal and listening skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Finance and Administration Officer. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Be flexible.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.